Thursday, December 10, 2020

Parasha Vayeshev & Sermon "The Good Shepherd"

Shalom and Blessings; 

Wednesday Israel received our first shipment of Covid-19 vaccine. The government anticipates vaccinating 60,000 people a day beginning December 27. It is not known as yet how they will prioritize the distribution of the vaccine, but it is believed that front-line workers will be first, followed by the elderly, especially those in nursing homes. Many have called into question the safety of the drug, to them I have the following answer: 

When I was a child Polio was at epidemic proportions. Like today with COVID-19, the world was racing to develop a drug to eradicate this horrible, debilitating disease. When finally, a drug was developed the government immediately started vaccinating children my age. I was not aware at the time but I am sure there were outcries from skeptical parents just like there is today, but I was too young to know if my parents even had a choice. One day vaccination tables were set up in the gymnasium of our school and one by one class loads of students were called down to be vaccinated. The end result - Polio was eradicated. Looking back, I can say that I am sure glad I and my siblings were vaccinated, especially seeing as I know some people that were not. Sadly, as a result some died from the disease while others suffered permanent disabilities that seventy years later they are still living with. 

Hi Ellen here…Kumi ori ki va orech: Arise and shine for the glory of …Ellen, no…Jack, no…my job, no…my children, no…my grandchildren, no; THE LORD, GOD ALMIGHTY HAS RISEN UPON YOU is the only answer! This Feast of Dedication is not only about tradition but it is about each and every one of us getting off the throne, exalting our Lord and placing Him in His right position on the throne! I need to impress upon everyone that this is a crucial time in that we all need to be humbled before we are humiliated. We need to always look at Yeshua before anything and everything else and most importantly…when others see us, they need to see the light of Him Who saves us and is truly the Light of the World. Please rededicate yourself along with Jack and me at this glorious time and let us continue serving, loving and worshiping with a renewed fire in our souls! Hag Chanukah Sameach! 

Visit our blog for more teaching and to view previous Torah commentaries: 


Shabbat Shalom, 

Yours in Messiah Yeshua; our Lord, our God, our soon coming King; 

Rabbi Jack & Ellen 


Read Parasha


Listen to sermon: "The Good Shepherd"







No comments:

Post a Comment