Sunday, June 13, 2021

Parasha Korach


Shalom and blessings

Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Messiah Yeshua."

Paul's past sins were forgiven, they were put under the blood, all guilt of his past was removed, yet like the children of Israel he found himself drawn back in his mind to things of his past. This was happening to him partially because of humiliation and partly because he wanted to magnify the grace of God that was at work in his life. The Lord had forgiven Paul but he was having a problem forgiving himself. His solution; not to look back but to keep his eyes focused on what God's greater plan was for his life.

Paul found a solution for his dilemma. However, I have encountered far too many Believers who, although they accepted that they were forgiven through Messiah Yeshua, their Lord and Savior, they had still not forgiven themselves. If by chance you are one of those people, I would like you to consider this.

It is understood that Yeshua died for our sins on the cross at Calvary, that He paid the price of our sin by dying in our place and as a result we are forgiven. However, what I believe many of us do not understand about what Yeshua did for us, is that He did not only die for us He died as us. We no longer live, Messiah lives through us, therefore, there is no condemnation against us, not for the past, present or future.

Galatians 2:20 "Oh I have been crucified with the Messiah; it is no longer I who live, but Messiah lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Hi Ellen here…First, please forgive me, last week I gave the wrong address for the Fruits of the Spirit, they are found in Galatians 5:22. Now for this week's encouragement…There is a military term in Hebrew, "Kadima." It implies "Go Forward or Advance!!" I really like this term because I feel it has power and is uplifting in spirit when said…KADIMA!!! We all must go forward and after confession and repentance…we must not look back. In Philippians 3.13 it says, "but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Messiah Yeshua." Wow, can you see yourself standing there clothed in the armor of Yeshua ready, willing and oh so able to march forward into battle for our lives and the lives of your family and friends and even more so for their salvation? I want to be found worthy and alive in the here and now of my life so God will use me and I pray the same for you. Don't let yourself slip into your past, hear Yeshua say, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9.62). Hear Him also say to you, "Well done, good and faithful servant. (Luke 19:17). Rabbi and I bless you with all the blessings of Messiah Yeshua!

Visit our blog for more teaching and to view previous Torah commentaries:


Yours in Messiah Yeshua; our Lord, our God, our soon coming King;

Rabbi Jack & Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment