Sunday, January 16, 2022

Parasha Beshalach (When He Let Go)

From Rabbi...
Many reading this now are facing difficult circumstances in their lives. I remember the time when I was faced with having to leave my wife and travel to another city where I would receive radiation and chemotherapy treatment; the hospital in our town did not treat the type of cancer I had. I would be spending five days a week for seven weeks in a hostel and then home for Shabbat. The thought of having to go through the treatment was daunting enough and having to leave my wife only added to it. I was already weakened, tired and in pain because of the cancer and I did not know if I would have the strength to see the seven weeks through. With the little strength I had, not only did I have to hold myself together but I also had to battle Satan who was playing with my mind.

2 Timothy {9:17} "But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. {9:18} The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

In and of ourselves when difficulties arise and we are in a weakened state where we feel deserted or are deserted by friends and family or when we have to leave loved ones, we can take solace in the fact that if we call upon the Lord, He will rescue us.

Isaiah {41:10} "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Such was the case with me. In my distress God sent me encouraging and uplifting scriptures which I was able to listen to every night and draw strength from. It was a difficult seven weeks but God saw me through and what he did for the Apostle Paul and for me, He can do for you. In God there is hope!

From Ellen...
There are so many things to tell you from God's Word, through my eyes. Sometimes I do not know where to start but here goes. Jack and I watched a film depicting the life of Yeshua…it was over 6 hours so we broke it up over many viewings. Although not Messianic it still contained the Word! What we saw was not new but it brought to our minds the basic principles of our instruction book, the Bible. It was filmed in Israel and Italy by an Italian director and chock full of famous actors, some of whom are not with us any longer. We watched as the man "Jesus" walked the dusty earth and blessed, healed and delivered numerous afflicted people, some who received Him and some who just went on their way back into the world.

Here is what struck me from the film, brief but profound. We are to be like Yeshua on this earth. We are to possess His values and know His precepts. What moved me most was His gratitude toward His Father. He fed the 4000 and the 5000 by just thanking, by just believing that He, as God in Heaven, will provide for all the followers.

If you ever have been hungry, help to feed the hungry. If you have ever been thirsty, give a cup of cool water to those that thirst. If you ever have been naked, help to clothe those who are cold. "We are because He Is!"

Visit our blog for more teaching and to view previous Torah commentaries:

Yours in Messiah Yeshua; our Lord, our God, our soon coming King.
Rabbi Jack & Ellen

Read Parasha

Parasha Commentary

Sermon "God's Will Be Done"




No comments:

Post a Comment