Sunday, May 22, 2022

Parasha Bahar (On the Mount)


We are not paranoiacs, but there is so much danger out there that Ellen and I always take extra caution when going outdoors. Not because of terrorists, not because of Covid-19, although these are factors to consider, but because of the spiritual oppression that is lurking outside of the confounds of our prayed-up home. Hopefully all of us are anointing and praying over our homes so as to keep them as a sanctuary of God's shalom (peace). However, once we go outdoors, we enter into the realm of the world, the realm of Satan. I am sure King David never left his palace without an entourage of security guards, yet, from what he wrote, he knew physical security was not the only protection he needed, that is why I believe he wrote:

Psalms {16:1} Keep me safe, my God, for in You I take refuge.

Psalm {32:7} You are a hiding place for me; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with shouts of deliverance.

Psalm {5:11} But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love Your Name may exult in You.

David obviously was in the practice of asking God for His protection in all circumstances. We can take a lesson from David because this is a good habit for us all to get into.

Before leaving the house Ellen and I put on the full armor of God (Ephesians {6:11}), and if Ellen is leaving the house alone, I always pray the Aaronic Benediction over her (Numbers {6:24-26}). If we commit our ways to the Lord, no weapon formed against us by Satan or anyone of his demonic powers or principalities will prosper against us and we will be safe and secure under the shadow of His wings!

Hi Ellen here…What is the first thing that comes into your mind when you hear the name Hannah the Prophetess? I asked someone and they said; old. When I hear her name, I think; perseverance. Hannah was married seven years then became a widow and for the remainder of her life ministered before the Lord in the Temple. In Luke {2:37} it says that she did not depart from the Temple but worshipped, fasted and prayed day and night. She was waiting and at 84 years of age she saw the Lord! When she saw Yeshua as a baby, she said in Luke {2:38} all thanks to God and to speak of him to all who were waiting for the redemption of Israel…WOW! My point is this…would you or I for that matter wait 84 years for anything? You all have had the same experiences as I, waiting for the check-out at the grocery store, waiting for your doctor's appointment, waiting for the bus, waiting, waiting, waiting! In this fast-paced world I cannot conceive of any of us being comfortable waiting even for 84 minutes let alone 84 years. But here is a widow waiting with her head to the Temple floor fasting and praying, probably over 100 years of age by the time the Messiah arrived.

Do we have a level of commitment, dedication and perseverance in our believing lives such as Hannah? I myself cannot answer an honest yes…we need to check ourselves continually. We need to anticipate the return of Messiah every moment of every day. We need to raise the banner of commitment in our lives to the Lord higher and higher. Are you with me?

Yours in Messiah Yeshua; our Lord, our God, our soon coming King.

Rabbi Jack & Ellen

💗 Please consider supporting the ministry to Kenya and Israel. In Kenya, for the poor and orphans and in Israel for the elderly poor and sick.

To Donate click this link: https://paypal.me/kenyamission
If you do not have PayPal and would prefer using another donation method, please contact me and I will send you other options.💗 

No comments:

Post a Comment