Sunday, June 19, 2022

Parasha Becha'alotcha (When You Set Up)


From Rabbi Jack...
There is only one way to learn about God and that is by studying His Word. I know that the word study strikes fear in many people's hearts because we had enough studying when we were in school, but the fact is, there is no other way!

My sermon last week was about being a disciplined disciple and I used the Apostle Paul as my subject by whom we can compare his life as a disciple to ours'. God empowered Paul because through his teaching He was going to use him to lead us into becoming disciplined disciples of Yeshua; disciples learn from their Master.

Something that Yeshua said always inspires me to study Scripture, all Scripture, it is when, speaking to the Pharisees He said:

John {5:46} "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. {5:47) But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Many churches discount the Hebrew Scriptures (aka Old Covenant) and in doing so they cause their members to focus their concentration and study on the Renewed Covenant (aka New Covenant). However, Yeshua told us that Moses wrote about Him and that should challenge us to Study the Hebrew Scriptures to discover more about our Savior. In fact, I had to become more than just a student, I had to become a miner as I read the Hebrew Scriptures and dig into the Word to extract the gems hidden below the surface. I confess that doing so liberated my mind, inspired my understanding and gave me a perspective of the Renewed Covenant I could have never had if I only studied it.

As a Messianic Rabbi I did many home visitations and somehow every home I visited had a Bible somewhere within my view. Little did those I visited know that I was not impressed by the presence of their Bible but rather by the condition of its pages.

From Ellen...
Hi Ellen here…In 2006 the Lord motioned to Jack and me to go to Nigeria. We had been communicating with some Believers there that had become interested in Messianic belief and worship. The news about Nigeria was unstable and somewhat frightening but if the Lord says so, you go! We began to pray together concerning this trip. One evening a still, small voice kept whispering in my spirit…fast, fast, fast. It was coming to the time of High Holy days, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot. I was elated because I always fast on Yom Kippur, as commanded. Soon, preparations began with one of our favorite times in Ontario - apple picking for honey and apples for Rosh Hashanah; no apples for me, the spirit in me kept saying more than a commanded fast. What to do?

I was flipping through some magazines to take my mind off it all and a small pamphlet fell out…the title, you guessed it; "Fasting for the Nations". I read it in its entirety and was blessed and encouraged. As we celebrated Rosh Hashanah I began to fast for wisdom, safe passage, documentation such as visas, a good price on airline tickets and anything else you might pray for a trip such as this. Lo and behold the fast lasted forty days and nights with ease and joy but more importantly our potentially dangerous and scary trip to Nigeria was one of divine protection and revelation. The Lord brought us through some interesting times and we were blessed.

Listen, I am fasting every Wednesday when Etz Chaim prays as a family in the evening. I am asking you for only a one day fast. Want a blessing or a much-needed breakthrough? Fast with Etz Chaim Kenya and we will pray for you as well. Blessings and love, always in Yeshua!

Yours in Messiah Yeshua; our Lord, our God, our soon coming King.

Rabbi Jack & Ellen



If you are being blessed by our weekly teachings and the work we are doing in Kenya and Israel, please consider supporting the ministry by clicking on the link below.

To Donate click this link: https://paypal.me/kenyamission

If you do not have PayPal and would prefer using another donation method, please contact me and I will send you other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment