Thursday, July 20, 2023

Parsha Devarim (Deuteronomy)



from Rabbi Jack… Bible link

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is often called the “Unpardonable Sin.” Fear of committing the “unpardonable sin” has really haunted many Believers. I am often asked by people if they have committed this sin that cannot be forgiven; if they ever blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I knew a man who had a paralyzing fear that he committed the “unpardonable sin.” The thought that there was something he might have done or said that would forever exclude him from the presence of God haunted him. Understand, there is no sin that is unpardonable or unforgivable as long as we confess it and repent of it. Peter denied Yeshua three times. You would think that would be unpardonable but it was not! Peter went on to unlock salvation for the Gentiles and he remained a faithful disciple of Yeshua until his death. Although I do not believe that I am the last word on this subject, I would like to share what I believe the unpardonable sin is. When Yeshua was walking the earth, He was operating in and by the power of the Holy Spirit. The population witnessed and experienced His miracles. The Holy Spirit was operating through Him as the agent of salvation. Yet, when the religious leaders looked upon Him, they attributed everything He was doing, not to the Holy Spirit but to Beelzebub (Satan). Matthew {12:24} "Now when the Pharisees heard it, they said, ""This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons." If you look to God the Father and embrace sin, that’s bad. If we look to His Son, Messiah Yeshua and embrace sin, that is doubly bad. The Father planned redemption and the Son accomplished redemption. Yet, it is the unique and special role of the Holy Spirit to apply the Father’s plan and the Son’s accomplishment to us. The Holy Spirit shows us where we have gone wrong in our life. The Pharisees saw Yeshua, they looked upon the Son of God and to His face they denied the work that the Holy Spirit was doing through Him and attributed it to Satan. Therefore, there was nothing left for them as a pathway for salvation. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is willful, wide-eyed slandering of the work of the Holy Spirit to Yeshua’s Face. It happened when they attributed to the devil what was undeniably from God. These men had seen, as well as anyone could see, and had known as clearly as anyone could know, that Yeshua performed His miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit, yet they defiantly insisted that it was Satan who empowered Him. This is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and the “unpardonable sin.” This truth is revealed to us by: Matthew {12:32} "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." This scripture refers to the two ages Yeshua will be on the earth, “this age” being His first coming, “the age to come” being His second coming. Therefore, the unpardonable sin cannot be committed today because Yeshua is not physically on the earth. So, there is no way we can deny Him to His Face. The man I spoke about, had nothing to fear and I believe neither do we. "

from Ellen… Bible link

"Thank You Lord for bringing us through yet another week of challenges and blessings. We also thank You for the new month of Av, meaning Father, and with Him comes healing from above." Friendship has been on my mind the last couple of days. I remember when I was in my twenties, I had these two amazing, best of the best friends. We slept over at each other’s homes. One of the girls and I had super long hair so we would make a date to wash our hair and then drive around in her car with our heads out the window so our hair would dry and then we would go out and party. Yes, party as I was still definitely rooted in Egypt and not yet saved. My other girlfriend was a bit more conservative and had more responsibilities at home so we would go to her house and hangout. Yes, we were the three best of the best friends ever! Or so I thought…my long hair friend overdosed on drugs and faded away which resulted in lost contact. The other friend and I stuck close for many years. I moved to another state but we continued to communicate. Then that glorious day came when I received Yeshua as my Lord and Savior…Hallelujah! So, I was so filled with awe of God that I wanted to share this free gift with my friend. I wrote a letter because that’s what you did way back then, sharing the Good News and hoping she would join me. Did you ever hear the saying and I am paraphrasing, that to lose a friend is showing you that they were never your friend in the first place. Well, that is what happened to me, in fact she responded with, “Never contact me again!” She even accused me of being a traitor to all Jewish people! Well, I was disappointed but loved her anyway. Now for the point of the whole story…firstly do not operate in fear that if you tell someone about Jesus, they will reject you and secondly you cannot lose anything that you never had. Yeshua is our best friend and will never leave us or forsake us so do not be fearful in your evangelizing to those you love because if they love you, they too will not leave!"


Yours in Messiah Yeshua, "…while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Messiah Yeshua." (Titus 2:13)


Rabbi Jack & Ellen

media

read parasha
parasha commentary
Sermon of the week: Burdens: 

If you are being blessed by the teachings and commentaries we share, please consider supporting the ministry to Kenya and Israel. We support the needy, the hungry, the elderly and new immigrants (Olim). Most of all we teach and preach the Word of God in both countries and throughout the world. Contact us for more information: daatbina@gmail.com

To Donate using PayPal click this link: https://paypal.me/kenyamission


If you do not have PayPal and would prefer using another donation method, please contact me and I will send you other donation options.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel. Click on youtube.com/@EtzChaimKenya

No comments:

Post a Comment