Sunday, October 17, 2021

Parasha Lech Lecha & Sermon "These Three Kings"


From The Rabbi's Desk

2 Corinthians 4:7 "Yet we who have this spiritual treasure are like common clay pots, in order to show that the supreme power belongs to God, not to us." (GNT)

The spiritual treasure that the apostle is talking about here is not Messiah Yeshua, it is not the grace of God, although these are both treasures, it is the Gospel. Buried inside of every Believer in Messiah Yeshua is a treasure trove of truth more precious than gems, silver or gold. Yes, even though we are frail human beings, this treasure, if mined and dug up from within us, can impart life to a dying world. I can liken it to the clay pots Gideon's army carried with them into battle against the Midianites. Under each clay pot they hid a lit candle (Judges 7:16-22). It was not until they cracked the pots that the light was exposed. The same principle applies to us. If we, who are like common clay pots, do not dig and unearth the spiritual treasure within us, the light of the Gospel will not shine forth.

Proverbs 2:3 " indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, 4) and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, 5) then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God."

The question is; "How do we extract this spiritual treasure that is within us?" Miners need tools in order to dig for treasure hidden in the earth and so do we. Our tools, however, are not mechanical, they are: reading God's Word and applying it to our lives, having a disciplined prayer life and unlocking the power of the Holy Spirit inside of us allowing Him to rule our lives. If we do these things then the Gospel of salvation through Messiah Yeshua will be unearthed in us and we will exhibit, through our lives and witness, the supreme power of God to save the lost.

Hi Ellen here…There are many sayings in the English language that hold validity to their intention. Let us look at two and apply them to our walk in faith. "Practice makes perfect" and "Fake it till you make it" …When I was a brand-new Believer, the person who led me in prayer to receive Yeshua into my heart said not to worry about being ignorant of the things of God, she said…" Fake it till you make it". I attended a Bible study and remained silent because of my lack of wisdom. Funny enough the man who led the study would ask me a question now and then and I would be silent and he would remark that silence was wisdom. Little did he know my silence was due to my unfamiliarity with the Word of God. Over time I began to feel uncomfortable with the "fake it make it" thing so I began to study with those more learned than myself. In conjunction I regularly attended a congregation so as to fellowship with like-minded Believers. This was great and led me on the path of knowledge, wisdom and understanding. Now a bit more seasoned I practice, practice, practice and more practice the jewels found in the Word, the characteristics of our Messiah and still try to remain silent when appropriate. Well, I'm not perfect yet but I look forward to the day when I hear the words, "Well done good and faithful servant".

Visit our blog for more teaching and to view previous Torah commentaries:


CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO HEAR THE SERMON OF THE WEEK:


Yours in Messiah Yeshua; our Lord, our God, our soon coming King;

Rabbi Jack & Ellen
Read Parasha

Parasha audio coming soon!

These Three Kings


No comments:

Post a Comment