Sunday, November 21, 2021

Parasha Vayishlach



From the Rabbi's Desk

Apparently, there are still many things we as Believers need to be delivered from. One of the most blaring, and the one I encounter all too often is, MAKING EXCUSES.

Luke 14:16) Yeshua replied: "A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17) At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.' 18) "But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.'19) "Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.' 20) "Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.' 21) "The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry….

Notice that all of the excuses the guests gave were legitimate but all the same they were still excuses. Basically, what they all were saying was they had more important things to do than to go to this banquet. I'm sure they all had good intentions and wanted to go and the scripture implies that once they got what they needed to do out of the way, next time there was a banquet they would go, it was just that this time they had something more important to attend to. So it is today when people make excuses, some are very reasonable, while others are out right foolish but all the same, they are all just excuses.

The excuses the guests gave the host in this parable represent three categories of life's excuses. Most excuses that we give fall into one of these three categories; they are identified in Mark 4:19: 1. The cares of the world. 2. The deceitfulness of riches. 3. The pleasures of life.

Yeshua teaches us; "…let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37). Isiah says; "all we like sheep have gone astray everyone unto his own way." (Isaiah 53:6).

One day we are all going to find ourselves standing before the Lord and we are going to have to give an account for every idle word we have spoken. I pray that when that day comes, we do not find out that we have EXCUSED ourselves right out of the Kingdom of God.

Hi Ellen here…Do you know what your calling is? Each of us is gifted in different areas; some are gifted in many at once and their callings can be for a season. Some may be able to serve in one area for their lifetime and others serve for a shorter time…we are all different. In Romans 12.4-5 the Word says there are many members of the body and all do not have the same function…although one body, many different parts. You have just read a paraphrased version of that Scripture so verse memorization is not one of my gifts! Another thing I would like to mention is that sometimes our "calling" is not something we want to do. I remember when I first became a Believer in Messiah Yeshua my rabbi instructed me to do two things …one was to join the hospital visitation team and the other was to teach the little ones in "Junior Shul." Hospitals, I do not think so, this was one place I did not want to go... I joined anyway. First time out it was difficult to speak and pray for strangers especially those that were in dire situations. God is so good; He took away what I saw and smelt and by the time the hour was over I was elated and could not wait until next time. As for the children, how could I as a brand-new Believer teach anyone anything about Yeshua? Well, I could not at first but the children through their love, playfulness and joy taught me…hallelujah. Take a risk today. Step out in faith and ask the Lord, "what is my calling Abba"?

Visit our blog for more teaching and to view previous Torah commentaries:
https://weeklyparasha02.blogspot.com/

Yours in Messiah Yeshua; our Lord, our God, our soon coming King;


Audio of Vayishlach

Video of Vayishlach

Video of weekly sermon "We Are The Tool"


No comments:

Post a Comment