Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Parasha Vayigash & Sermon of the week "God's Extreme Makeover"

From Rabbi...
Before I became a Believer in Messiah Yeshua as my Lord and Savior, I was involved in the occult. My specialty was psychometry, the ability to divine information about people or events associated with an object they owned solely by touching or being near to it. Friends and associates would come to me seeking to know what their tomorrow held, and I gained the reputation of being a psychic. Of course, upon coming to know the Lord, I recognized that the information I was receiving was from demons and that I was in communication with what the Bible calls familiar spirits. Looking back, it is amazing how much demons know about us and this knowledge of how much they know has helped me in the ministry of deliverance. However, once our lives are committed and bound up in the Lord, demons can not have any influence over us, nor can they judge or condemn us and certainly they no longer have the power to influence our tomorrows.

Romans 8:1 "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Messiah Yeshua,"

We do not know what tomorrow holds, our lives and our futures are completely in God's hands, or more precisely they are imprinted in the nail holes in His Hands. This alone tells us the extent of God's love for us and leaves us with the confidence that He wants only the best for us and, therefore, our futures are secure. Why then do we need to know our future when God's timing for our lives is perfect? So, instead of trying to figure out what our tomorrows hold, we should say as the psalmist:

Psalm 31:15a "My times are in Your Hands; …"

Glory to God!

From Ellen...
I don't know about you, but I ask the Lord all of the time…SHOW YOURSELF LORD – I NEED TO SEE TANGIBLE EVIDENCE OF YOUR POWER IN OUR LIVES!!! You notice I said in "OUR" lives; whenever I pray I pray as my husband and I are one. All that said, I want to share a miracle with you this week. You may not get the impact from it that we did but I am sure you will enjoy our experience. In the storage room at our apartment, we have lots of stuff. Little by little we weed out this and that. My bicycle of almost 45 years was really in the way of easy access. It was a good one and we kept it in usable condition, but we had only one. This would mean that we could not have outings together on one bicycle, so its time was over. We inflated the tires and wiped it down and it was good to go…but go where? Jack and I prayed at home, and we were led to leave it "Canada House". This is like a halfway house for new immigrants, they reside there until their language classes are finished and they can rent an apartment. We pulled up to their entrance but there was not anyone around, so we were going to leave it at their dumpster site for someone to retrieve it. As we were about to unload Jack prayed, "Lord, send the perfect person for this bike…". Out of a cluster of trees walks a young boy with a bicycle on his tee shirt. We beckoned for him to come over and in our broken Hebrew we asked if he would have this, pointing to the bike in our trunk. He said ken (yes in Hebrew), took the bike, squeezed the tires and rode off. Thank You Lord for tangible evidence of your Holy Spirit in our lives!

Visit our blog for more teaching and to view previous Torah commentaries:

Parasha Commentary


No comments:

Post a Comment