Sunday, July 17, 2022

Parasha Balak


From Rabbi Jack...

Proverbs {3:5} "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; {3:6} In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths."

This Scripture passage recently came alive in our lives. The other week I reported that I had lost my wallet. It was a daunting experience, not because of the loss but because I would have to replace everything I lost. Ellen and I retraced the most likely place it may have fallen out of my tote bag – Assuta Hospital in Ashdod. We checked with the receptionist, we checked with the doctor, with no results. Despite the loss, however, we were at total peace. Yes, though I may not have known where my wallet was, God did. Therefore, I needed not to set my mind on the loss but on the good that God was going to accomplish through its loss.

Wednesday July the 6th a God incident happened. Our Israeli daughter (she adopted us), had a friend that was going to Assuta for a test. She had someone who was going to accompany her but at the last minute that person was unable to go. So, our daughter, who had no reason to go to Assuta and who was available only because it was her day off, offered to join her. While at the hospital, knowing that was the place I most likely lost my wallet, she took a shot and went to the security office to inquire. Sure enough, my wallet was there. Security had my wallet for days and could have very easily contacted me, but did not. It is so encouraging how God worked out all the circumstances in getting our daughter to Assuta, she was the last person we expected to find my wallet.

What good came from this loss? First, both our daughter and we experienced firsthand God's leading and intervention in our lives; our daughter was able to help a friend in need and whoever found my wallet, most likely a cleaning maintenance person, was blessed with the money they found.

We may never get to meet the person who found and turned in my wallet to security, but I believe that God wanted this perfect stranger, someone I would have never met or otherwise helped, to have the money which perhaps they desperately needed. We give God all the Glory!

Hi Ellen here…

I have spoken to you all before concerning what the world has to offer and I reiterate, "All that glitters is not gold"!

Well, today let us talk about hearing and reading. We all know that rock music, especially heavy metal, contains satanic messages. As I was growing up everyone would say of that super talented group, The Beatles, that one of their albums carried subliminal messages, if you played it backwards! Just to make sure, I will give the definition of subliminal; "Perceived by or affecting someone's mind without them being aware of it"…Oh my goodness that is scary. It is not the music that is bad but the spirit behind the music. For example, heavy metal music, if you can call it music, has a satanic spirit!

Now, I will share something that maybe you have not thought of. Hearing or reading messages or teachings from unbelieving religious scholars, although they may seem insightful and harmless, carry an anti-Messiah spirit and really have no place in a Believer's life. Even the most dedicated Believer cannot, at times, discern between spirits when reading or listening to Jewish teaching, insights and commentaries. I have received unbeliever's TED podcasts from friends saying; "Oh you have to hear this amazing message," no I do not! Now, do not be fooled because even some Pastors and Messianic Rabbis are not always spot on with lining up with the Word and Spirit of God.

Brothers and sisters, now is the time to grow up and sharpen the gifts we've already been given…wisdom, knowledge and discerning of spirits. If you want to receive deeper insight into the Word then ask HIM, for our God is a generous and loving God.

Read Parasha

Listen to Commentary

Sermon of the week "Gift of eternal life"

If you are being blessed by our weekly teachings and the work we are doing in Kenya and Israel, please consider supporting the ministry by clicking on the link below.

To Donate click this link: https://paypal.me/kenyamission

If you do not have PayPal and would prefer using another donation method, please contact me and I will send you other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment