Thursday, July 7, 2022

Parasha Chukat (Statute)


From Rabbi Jack...

Crises happen to us all. I do not think there is anyone who does not experience crises in their life with some kind of regularity. I am experiencing a crisis right now. I lost my wallet and besides the money, I lost all the things people usually carry in their wallet; credit cards, identification card, driver license etc. Ellen and I never leave the house without putting on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:11-18), so one would think that a crisis, like losing your wallet, would be covered by God. The thing is God uses crises to test where our hearts and loyalties lie.

Colossians {3:2} "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. {3:3} For you died, and your life is hidden with Messiah in God."

If I truly died to myself and my life is hidden in Messiah in God, then I did not lose my wallet, God lost my wallet and if He lost my wallet then He had a plan and a purpose for losing it. Yes, though I may not know where my wallet is, God does. Therefore, I need not set my mind on the loss of my wallet but on the good that God is going to accomplish through it because of its loss.

Romans {8:28} "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Barring me finding my wallet or someone returning it to me, I will have to go through the process of replacing the documents I lost. However, because I am dead but now live in Messiah, I can go about the process anticipating a blessing and who knows, maybe the person who found my wallet was blessed by finding the money. Moral of the story; when crises strike, and they will, be encouraged because your life is not your own it is hidden with Messiah in God and He has you covered!

Hi Ellen here…
Why should this week in the news be any different than last week in the news? Good question but the answers differ. Everyone is talking about the chaotic conditions at airports yet everyone is travelling. Last week as we ended Shabbat services with our friends in Toronto, someone prayed for these conditions to cease in the Name of Yeshua and we all said AMEN!

As I write all these things to you a friend who travelled last week from Israel to Wales sent Jack and I serene countryside pictures. Just the other day I looked at the parking lot from our balcony while a family disembarked from an airport van with huge checked luggage as they entered the apartment building across the way from ours. Seems everyone is travelling. My good friend and her husband sent us gorgeous pictures of snow capped mountains in Colorado as the temperatures rise each day here in Israel. Friends of ours are now vacationing in a lodge in Finland. Everyone is complaining but everyone is travelling! I will end this stream of words with Scripture, Daniel {12.4} says…" But you Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge will increase."

Read Parasha

Watch commentary

Sermon of the week "A living sacrifice"

No comments:

Post a Comment