Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Parasha Shemini (Eighth)



from Rabbi Jack… Bible link

Galatians {2:20} "I have been crucified with Messiah and I no longer live, but Messiah lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." The other day during our visit with a good friend and sister in the Lord, somehow the conversation turned to speaking about grafting. Our host told us that she knows of a person that grafted one kind of fruit tree to another kind of fruit tree and when the graft grew the tree produced two different types of fruit, one type below the graft and another type above the graft. I would have passed over the conversation and probably forgotten all about it, however, the next morning when Ellen and I were listening to a short message by Watchman Nee he spoke about grafting. This farmer had an orchard of plum trees that produced small plums with large pits and were not good for marketing. However, in his orchard was one tree that produced large luscious plums with small pits. So, he decides to graft branches from the good tree onto the bad trees. When the grafts started to grow the bad trees produced large luscious plums with small pits above the graft, while still producing small fruit with large pits grew below the graft. Is this not the principal Paul is teaching us in Galatians 2:20? Before we were saved, Born-Again in Messiah Yeshua, our lives were sin-filled and we produced bad fruit, fruit of selfishness, immorality, gossip, evil speaking and the like. But then when we received Yeshua as our Lord and Savior and He was grafted into our lives, well, “We have been crucified with Messiah and we no longer live, but Messiah lives in us.” The fruit we now produce after salvation is not of our old selves, bad fruit, but it is the fruit of Messiah Yeshua, His good fruit being produced in us!


from Ellen… Bible link

We live in perverse and dangerous times. I believe that we give too much credit to the devil when all the instruction we need is in the Word. As I was meditating on Scripture, I began to write this to you and me: How can a young man keep his way pure? 1) By guarding it according to Your Word. 2) With my whole heart I seek you. 3) Let me not wander from your commandments. 4) I have stored up Your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You. 5) Blessed are You, O Lord and teach me Your statutes. 6)With my lips I declare all the rules of Your mouth. 7) In the way of Your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. 8) I will meditate on Your precepts and fix my eyes on Your ways. 9) I will delight in Your statutes; I will not forget Your Word. I know that I have paraphrased Psalm 119.9-16 but it is good to read, reread and even write the Word so as to know it and obey it and proclaim it! This word of mine is to all Believers in Messiah Yeshua in love and with blessings!


Yours in Messiah Yeshua, "…while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Messiah Yeshua." (Titus 2:13)


Rabbi Jack & Ellen

media

read parasha
parasha commentary
Sermon of the week: A Lamb for a Household

If you are being blessed by the teachings and commentaries we share, please consider supporting the ministry to Kenya and Israel. We support the needy, the hungry, the elderly and new immigrants (Olim). Most of all we teach and preach the Word of God in both countries and throughout the world. Contact us for more information: daatbina@gmail.com

To Donate using PayPal click this link: https://paypal.me/kenyamission


If you do not have PayPal and would prefer using another donation method, please contact me and I will send you other donation options.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel. Click on youtube.com/@EtzChaimKenya

No comments:

Post a Comment