Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Parasha Korach



BAMIDBAR (NUMBERS) 16:1-18:32

from Rabbi Jack… Bible link

Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?" It is a very common practice among preachers to give an ‘altar call’ after their sermon encouraging people to come and receive Yeshua as their Lord and Savior through the reciting of a prayer of salvation. I recall when I accepted Yeshua into my heart, I cried for days afterward and lamented over my sins. Before my salvation sin did not affect me at all. My attitude then was everyone is doing it. Also I immediately developed a hunger to read the Bible and proceeded to contact as many people as I could remember, and had contact information for, to apologize for my past offences towards them. To this very day my life as a Believer is in a constant upward progression as I grow into becoming more and more like Messiah Yeshua. I am telling you this because many people who say a prayer of salvation and who claim to be saved show no evidence of lamenting over their sin. Any evidence they do display is totally of their flesh as they learn to talk the talk and even walk the walk, in their flesh. They never really had a Holy Spirit conviction of sin experience and therefore, they never were really saved. They only attached themselves to the assembly as someone would join any benevolent organization or club. The prayer of salvation they recited was their initiation mantra! Acts 16:31 "So they said, "Believe on the Lord Messiah Yeshua, and you will be saved…." Herein, I believe lies the problem. Sometimes people turn to the Lord because of a personal need such as; loneliness, depression, mental torment, personal problems, sickness, or the need to belong and be appreciated. Most of all, these people turn to Yeshua because they have tried everything else and failed, so Yeshua has become their last resort. They never truly “Believed on the Lord Messiah Yeshua.” Although a preacher preached to them, they never really heard, so they never truly “called on Him in whom they have not believed.”


from Ellen… Bible link

I could begin with one of two opening sentences; I’ll begin with the most profound: God is in charge of everything in our lives from our rising up to our setting down. He knows everything so be watchful in all your ways. Jack and I have come to a point in our lives where there is no question, no doubt that God knows all, sees all and hears all concerning our sometimes-mundane lives. He knows the smallest thing to the greatest because we surrender all to Him daily. Do not think that even our worst thoughts do not reach Him like a bad smell. He knows all! I know this is a cliché… “Today is the first day of the rest of your life” but it is so true because each day is a new start. We cannot reclaim yesterday, we cannot gather in the words that we spoke yesterday, we cannot change one glance or fleeting thought because they are gone. So here comes the advice part of my offering…forget about yesterday, forgive everyone, forgive yourself, repent and be renewed and look straight ahead to tomorrow because tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of your life. PS: If you are wondering about the second opening sentence I mentioned at the start, stay tuned till next week…


Yours in Messiah Yeshua, "…while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Messiah Yeshua." (Titus 2:13)


Rabbi Jack & Ellen

media

read parasha
parasha commentary
Sermon of the week: Choose Wisely

If you are being blessed by the teachings and commentaries we share, please consider supporting the ministry to Kenya and Israel. We support the needy, the hungry, the elderly and new immigrants (Olim). Most of all we teach and preach the Word of God in both countries and throughout the world. Contact us for more information: daatbina@gmail.com

To Donate using PayPal click this link: https://paypal.me/kenyamission


If you do not have PayPal and would prefer using another donation method, please contact me and I will send you other donation options.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel. Click on youtube.com/@EtzChaimKenya

No comments:

Post a Comment