Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Parasha Emor

Yesterday we participated in an Israel Independence Day walk here in Nairobi. It was hosted by the African Transformers Youth Association. Many local churches participated in the march which was repeat with both Israel flags, Kenyan flags and speeches affirming the Kenyan Christian community's love and support for Israel. I had the honor to be invited to address the group and recite the Aaronic Benediction over them. With chants of praise for Israel, a marching band and the blowing of scholars the procession wound through the streets of downtown Nairobi, ending up at its beautiful, and only Jewish Synagogue.


You would expect that this event would have been the highlight of our day, but it wasn't. The march started at a large park in downtown Nairobi, a park infamous as a hangout for homeless youth. While the speeches and preparations were being made for the march, many street kids were hovering around us, but one in particular caught my eye. He was a gaunt looking 13 year old boy, whom I sensed had a different spirit than the others. I introduced myself and we talked for a bit. He recounted his story of how he ended up on the street. Having the experience of dealing with the homeless of Toronto, I took most of what he said as a ploy to get me to feel sorry for him and give him money. However, I did feel sorry for him but not for the reason he wanted me too. I felt sorry because his life was being held hostage by Satan. I knew if I had handed him money I would have been swarmed by the 10 or more other boys who were intently, hovering around us a vultures would their pray. I did get to pray for him and then invited him to receive Jesus as his Lord and Savior, which he did. Please pray for Morris, He received the greatest gift of all yesterday, the free gift of salvation. To God be the glory. 

In addition to the attached Parasha Emor, I have included the link to the sermon I shared with the Nairobi congregation last Shabbat.

Yours in Messiah Yeshua, our Lord, our God, our soon coming King.



 Read Parasha

No comments:

Post a Comment