Saturday, August 7, 2021

Elul Day 1

 Elul Day 1

The word ELUL is only found once in the Bible. Nehemiah 6:15, “So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days.”  This is the last month of the Hebrew civil year. The next month, Tishri, begins the civil year and the year changes to 5782

The Month of Mercy

Historically Elul is when Moses went up Mt Sinai a second time for 40 days to seek forgiveness for the sin of the Golden Calf. God came down in a cloud and gave Moses the 13 attributes of who He is. (Exodus 34:5-7) Moses came down on Tishri 10, the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur and said “God forgives!”

The word ELUL is an acronym of “I am my beloved and my beloved is mine.” Therefore, it is associated with Song of Songs when the king goes out into the field to meet his beloved. But for us as Believers our King Yeshua is always available, He is always near, He is always here because He said, “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world.” (Mt 28:20) But there is a time when His presence comes closer to our corporate gatherings, and also into our prayer times. It seems there is a season when there is a more open heaven and this is it. This is the time to come closer to God, begin to start dropping off time wasters and come back to the Bible, to hear His voice.

ELUL 1 begins the 40-day season of TESHUVAH

The Hebrew root for Teshuvah is shuv, and it means to return, to turn back, to restore, to cause to return. Spiritually speaking it’s turning back to God. He never changes and if we feel distant from Him it is because we have distanced ourselves from Him not Him from us. Elul offers us an open portal to return to the Lord. For everything there is a season – and this is the season of what some call, an open heaven. Do you have the passionate love and joy you had when you first came to Yeshua? He has not changed and starting today He is calling you back. 

Jeremiah 24:7, ‘Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return (shuv) to Me with their whole heart.

Prayer:  

Yeshua, I need Your help. Lord, help me come back to the passionate love I had for You in the beginning. Help me to let go of all the distractions and offences that harden my heart and cause my ears to be dull. Bring my life back into alignment with Your perfect will, In Yeshua’s Name, Amen.

Elul - Day 1



No comments:

Post a Comment