Sunday, August 15, 2021

Elul Day 8


Elul Day 8

Song of Songs 1:7 (To Her Beloved) Tell me, O you whom I love, where you feed your flock, where you make it rest at noon. For why should I be as one who veils herself by the flocks of your companions?

When the Shulamite says to her Beloved; "O You whom I love" this is her first act of returning – coming back in repentance to her Beloved. It is basically her confession of faith.

She then asks Him; "tell me where you feed Your flock." Do you remember when you first received Yeshua into your heart, when you first confessed Him as Lord? If you were like me, from that time on you could not get enough of the Word of God. When I received salvation (Born Again), I spent every spare moment reading the Bible, I was starved for the truth. No one had to invite me to a Bible study, no one had to coax me to attend services. When something was going on at the congregation, I was there no matter how I had to rearrange my schedule. I was hungry for the Words of truth.

"Where you make it rest at noon." The only time sheep will rest is when they have full stomachs. Teachers can lead and inspire us, but only Yeshua can really feed us. Psalm 23:2, "He makes me to lie down in green pastures." The human spirit will only be satisfied in Yeshua's presence, feeding on His Word until full and can lie-down in peace.

There are so few preachers that will teach the Truth of the Word of God today, fearing they may offend someone and lose a tither. People sitting in a congregation where the truth is not taught will never be able to lie-down in peace because they are not feeding on Yeshua's Word, they are allowing themselves to be fed with lies, which causes confusion and not peace.

Matthew 5:6, (AMP) "Blessed [joyful, nourished by God's goodness] are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness [those who actively seek right standing with God], for they will be [completely] satisfied.

AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment