Thursday, August 19, 2021

Elul Day 11

Elul Day 11

Psalm 27:5, "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock."

As God's Beloved, it is impossible for us to really know how many times God has hid us in the past in His pavilion/tabernacle in times of trouble. The root word of pavilion in Hebrew means 'fenced about' or 'shut in' while the Hebrew for tabernacle means 'dwelling place,' in Psalms 27's case, God's dwelling place. I cannot think of any better place to be in a time of trouble than fenced about in God's dwelling place. David was no stranger to trouble but because of the relationship he had with God he had the confidence to write this verse in Psalm 27. What I find the most comforting about this verse is the ending; "… he shall set me up upon a rock."

Matthew 16:18 "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."

The rock Yeshua was talking about was not Peter as some believe. Yeshua did not build His church upon Peter, rather he built His church on the rock of confession of salvation which Peter declared.

Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

Yeshua (meaning Salvation in Hebrew) is the Rock!

Our God is the same, He never changes. Take today and remember how He protected you in your personal times of trouble. Then, thank Him. He is worthy of all praise and glory and honor!

Yours in Messiah Yeshua our Lord, our God, our soon coming King

Rabbi Jack & Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment