Sunday, August 29, 2021

Parasha Ki Tavo


There are Believers who do not quite understand what their position is in Messiah Yeshua so let me explain. We are more than many of us give ourselves credit for. Certainly, none of us were saved (Born Again) through our own efforts, definitely not by doing good deeds or because we were a good person. We all were saved by the finished work of our Lord Messiah Yeshua. In accepting Him as our Lord and Savior we are now in Him, which means we are no longer our old self, we have put on the character of Messiah Yeshua and He is now our true selves. At the moment of salvation our identity before God changed. God no longer looks at us in our human struggles, in His eyes our old selves died with Messiah Yeshua on the Cross and our new selves were resurrected with Him. The fact is, Yeshua did not just die for us He died as us. As far as God is concerned the "I" that sins is no longer alive, that person is dead.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Messiah; it is no longer I who live, but Messiah lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

The apostle Paul is saying that we should stop looking at ourselves, our faults, our failures, our sins and we should look at Yeshua because He is who we are now. So, if we sin, and we will, God no longer looks at us to judge us, He looks at Yeshua because Yeshua is the new us; that is what it means to be in Messiah Yeshua.

Yeshua is all God and all man but He did not die as God He died as man and when He resurrected, He resurrected as man and He is now sitting at the right Hand of the Father as man, the perfect man that paid for all our sins, so God now sees Yeshua as us, perfect! That is why we can say; "There is no condemnation in Messiah Yeshua." Satan can no longer condemn us because we are now the holiness of God in Messiah Yeshua. God can bless us because He looks at Yeshua as who we are. Therefore, we must never sell ourselves short or be down on ourselves because of what salvation means.

1 John 4:17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

This is a Divine declaration of fact, as Yeshua is so are we. Satan cannot condemn us because he cannot see our sin, Yeshua took them all, past, present and future. We do not have to try to overcome lust or anger or anything else because Yeshua overcame it all for us; we just need to trust and rest in Him!

Hi Ellen here…I awoke the other morning and after beginning the usual things…preparing lemon water, praying…we began our day. As I arranged all the ingredients for my cooking, I experienced an overflow of water. What I mean is every time I put my hand to do something with water it either overflowed, wasn't enough or boiled over…what is going on Lord? As I grow in the Lord, I see Him in everything. I had been thinking of what to write for this week's mini message and I felt the Lord working in my spirit. I opened my email and there was a commentary by this most blessed woman that I communicate with …" The Fascinating Symbolism of Water in the Bible". Okay I got the message O God most High. I pondered many of the references she talked about. Jack and I read about water in Jeremiah and Ezekiel that same day but the reference I most felt was in Revelation 22.17 "…The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price." It's free, His Salvation, His Living Water and so much more. You don't need to pay the price the He paid for our lives…it is free! Come and drink!

Visit our blog for more teaching and to view previous Torah commentaries:


Yours in Messiah Yeshua; our Lord, our God, our soon coming King;

Rabbi Jack & Ellen



No comments:

Post a Comment